Dong Nai (VNA) – The southern province of Dong Nai achieved a trade surplus of 2.6 billion USD for 2018, reported the provincial People’s Committee.
The province’s export turnover hit 18.6 billion USD during the year, a rise of 11.7 percent against 2017, with hard currency earners including garment-textiles, footwear, electrics, machinery, farm produce, steel, and fibre.
Commodities with large export value were footwear with 3.7 billion USD, up 9.3 percent year-on-year; steel products at 724 million USD, up 16.8 percent; garment-textiles at 2.14 billion USD, up 13.7 percent; and computers and components at 661 million USD, up 10.7 percent.
The main importers of enterprises in Dong Nai are China, the US, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Belgium, Germany, and Russia.
Meanwhile, the province splashed out 16 billion USD on imports, mainly materials for production such as animal feed, chemicals, plastic products, and metals.
Last year, the province recorded nearly 2.2 billion USD in trade surplus, making up 77 percent of the country’s total of 2.7 billion USD.-VNA
- Dong Nai: Export revenue surges 12.7 percent
- Dong Nai’s export growth slows down in five months
- Dong Nai enjoys USD-2.6-billion trade surplus in 2018
- Dong Nai enjoys record trade surplus of 2 billion USD
- Dong Nai records impressive growth in economic figures
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 28/9
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 4/5
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 14/12
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 28/8