South Korean coach Park Hang-seo has led three different Vietnamese teams to success throughout 2018, but few may know that behind this ‘wizard’ of Vietnam’s football is a hero who always keeps quiet about what he does for the development of the country’s most popular sport. As Vietnamese football lovers flocked to the streets to celebrate their country’s victory over Malaysia in the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Championship final on Saturday night, they did not forget to say thank you to Doan Nguyen Duc, a business tycoon who has a strong desire and will to put Vietnam’s football on the regional and continental map. Vietnam had waited ten years since their first AFF Cup to win the second title, which is personally the third achievement of Park Han-seo since he took the Vietnam job last year. The 59-year-old South Korean led the young Golden Stars to the final of the under-23 Asian Cup in January and the semi-finals of the Asian Games tournament in August. The Asian Games men’s football was a playground for under-23 footballers, with each team allowed to have three overage players. And it was Doan Nguyen Duc, who runs multifaceted colongmerate Hoang Anh Gia Lai and… Read full this story
- American detained in Vietnam convicted, ordered deported
- Why the Carabao Cup draw is being held in Vietnam this week
- Kane the hero as England scrape past Tunisia
- Player ratings: How we scored the Sky Blues heroes at Wembley
- Lafferty was a 'cult hero and a sex symbol' at Palermo claims Italian journalist
- Jozefzoon quiet over reports he asked about buying a stake in Brentford
- Remarkable Wilkins remembered as soldier reveals football hero saved his life
- Former Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford revels in 'keeping Newcastle fans quiet'
- Dan Bentley discusses having quiet games and being in the cold
- Colwyn Bay v Trafford: 'Hero' linesman Zharir Mustafa saves player's life
Doan Nguyen Duc the quiet hero of Vietnam’s football have 327 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at December 16, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.