Back to English Comments Economy – December 28, 2018 | 08:24 am GMT+7 The first quarter saw record-breaking VN-Index growth, but the market plunged to its worst post-2008 crisis performance soon after. With a 48 percent increase in 2017 to end with 984.24 points, the VN-Index was ranked among the highest growth indexes in the world. As such, early reports assessing market prospects for this year expected the VN-Index to continue its double-digit growth this year to reach 1,120 or even 1,250 points.The first two months of 2018 showed that these projections were not unfounded, with the Index quickly passing the 1,000 and 1,100 milestones. Consecutively in February and March, Vietnam stood among stock markets with the strongest growth in the world, along with Brazil, Russia and Argentina, with a staggering 200 points increase in the first quarter.By the end of March, for the first time in a decade, it had met its pre-crisis 2007 peak at 1,171 points. Less than half a month later, on April 9, it climbed to 1,204 points, its highest figure ever.The higher you go…However, the soaring index and stock prices turned out to a flash in the pan in the context of 2018 performance as… Read full this story
- External risks weigh on foreign capital pouring into Vietnam’s stock market
- Vietnam’s stock market expected to make breakthrough at year’s end
- €2.5bn wiped off the Irish stock market in turbulent day for shares across globe
- WPP sees £2.17bn wiped off its stock market value
- How to manage stock market uncertainty as a bear market looms
- Wild Ride: US Stock Markets See Dramatic Drop Again
- May insists she's not planning to use a stock market crash to ram through Brexit
- European stock markets surge as Trump hints at trade breakthrough
- 'Chinese financial markets give the first warnings of stock market weakness in Europe and the UK'
- AJ Bell shares rocket by more than a third on stock market debut
2018: a turbulent year for Vietnam stock market - VnExpress International have 323 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at December 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.