A mangrove forest in Quang Dien district of Thua Thien-Hue province (Photo: VNA) Hanoi (VNA) – Up to 1,092 flood-proof houses were built in 2018 under the project on improving the resilience of vulnerable coastal communities to climate change related impacts in Vietnam, funded by the Green Climate Fund (GCF), heard a conference in Hanoi on December 18. Tran Quang Hoai, head of the Vietnam Disaster Management Authority under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the project’s director, said 199,46ha of mangrove forests were planted and restored throughout the year. The project, the first to be funded by the GCF for the 2017-2021 period, has also included some proposals of livelihood models for residents affected by mangrove forest planting and restoration. It has also organised 10 training of trainers (TOT) courses at central, regional and provincial levels, as well as 100 training of facilitators (TOF) ones at the communal level, Hoai added. Caitlin Wiesen, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Acting Resident Representative in Vietnam, said the project is currently underway with funding being used in the most effective way. According to Vu Thai Truong, the UNDP’s project manager, the project is expected to construct 1,380 flood-proof houses… Read full this story
- PFC to fund projects worth Rs 22K cr in Madhya Pradesh
- Governor Vajubai Vala nod to ordinance regularising houses built on BDA land
- Eight central provinces enjoy extended flood resilience assistance
- Kodagu flood victims look to spend monsoon in new homes
- Victims of 2018 Kodagu floods made to wait longer for homes
- Tiny house auction: battle brewing for recycled house barely bigger than a van
- Is your debt fund safe? Even top fund houses show Franklin-like temptation!
- Aditya Birla SL bars fresh inflows in two debt funds; but no restrictions on redemptions
- Welcome to the house of fun! Family home on the market for $159,000 has jungle en-suite bedroom, a spaceship-themed dining room, and an indoor sandy BEACH hiding behind its unassuming exterior
- Unique coconut and bamboo-made house in Hoi An
1,092 flood-proof houses built under GCF-funded project have 339 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at December 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.