The three-day event drew representatives from more than 150 Japanese businesses, including 120 entrepreneurs directly flown to Can Tho airport from Narita airport of Japan on November 1.
The program, jointly by the Can Tho People’s Committee, the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), and the Japanese General Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, marked the 45th anniversary of the establishment of the bilateral diplomatic relations and to tighten the Vietnam – Japan relations in the fields of trade, culture, education and people-to-people exchange.
|An art performance at the closing ceremony|
Huynh Thien Trang, Deputy Director of the VCCI Can Tho branch, said the event is successful, with various activities such as the launching of the Vietnam – Japan Friendship Industrial Park and the Japan job fair.
Within the event’s framework, there were a Vietnam – Japan culture exchange seminar, covering a wide range of issues, from politics-diplomacy to culture, education-training, tourism and trade cooperation, a Japan – Mekong business cooperation, during which many local enterprises in agriculture, waste water treatment, cosmetics, distribution and retail set up links with their Japanese counterparts.
The program also included traditional art performances with the participation of the both sides’ artists.
Besides, the Japanese side introduced locals to outstanding culture of Japan like a traditional dance yosakoi, wagashi cake making, martial art, Haiku poetry, calligraphy and origami paper folding art.
Meanwhile, the host introduced the local traditional musical instruments along with don ca tai tu (southern amateur singing) performances, and traditional cuisine, and vovinam martial art.
- Vietnam, Japan issue joint statement on deepening partnership
- 10th Hoi An-Japan Cultural Exchange: New and Significant Activities
- The 10th Hoi An - Japan cultural exchange program 2012
- Vietnam, Japan lift bilateral relations to new height
- Vietnam, Japan boost strategic partnership
- VN, Japan issue joint statement on deepening partnership
- Joint statement of Vietnam-Thailand joint cabinet meeting
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 8
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 9