The Vietnamese delegation was headed by Director of the Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ National Boundary Commission Nguyen Dang Thang, and Zhou Jian, representative for border and sea affairs of the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
The two sides compared notes on activities of their working groups and affirmed the full adherence to the common perceptions of senior leaders, including the agreement on basic principles guiding the settlement of sea-related issues.
They consented to speed up negotiations on the delimitation of the sea area off the mouth of the Gulf of Tonkin and the discussion on cooperation for common development in the East Sea in line with international law, particularly the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), to which both countries are parties.
Both sides were unanimous in the organization of the next rounds of talks of the two working groups in Vietnam in the time to come, and signed the minutes of their talks.
- Vietnam, China talk sea area off mouth of Tonkin Gulf
- Vietnam, China talk sea area off Tonkin Gulf
- VN, China discuss sea area off Tonkin Gulf
- China, Vietnam talk sea area off Tonkin Gulf
- Vietnam and China discuss sea area off Tonkin Gulf
- Seventh talk round on sea area off Gulf of Tonkin held
- Vietnam, China discuss issues over waters off Tonkin Gulf
- Vietnam-China joint statement
- Vietnam, China joint statement calls for strengthening ties