HCM City (VNA) – The top 100 products and services in 2018 selected by consumers were announced at a ceremony in Ho Chi Minh City on November 29.
The selection programme, Tin & Dung (Trust & Consume) Vietnam 2018, was organised by the Thoi bao Kinh te Viet Nam (Vietnam Economic Times).
Firms with products and services that made the shortlist include Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV), HD Bank, Orient Commercial Joint Stock Bank (OCB), Maybank Kim Eng Securities, FPT, Vietjet, Saigon Alcohol Beer and Beverages Corp. (Sabeco), Hanoi Beer Alcohol and Beverage Joint Stock Corp. (Habeco), Nha Be Garment Corporation, The Reverie Saigon Hotel, and Khanh Hoa Salangane Nest Company.
Launched in January this year, the programme received 21,000 paper and 61,000 online votes, recommending more than 5,200 products and services altogether.
Those suggested belong to seven sectors, including finance, banking, and insurance; food and retail services; fashion and cosmetics; and technology and telecommunications.
Nguyen The Hao, Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Vietnam Economic Times, said this year’s programme aims to highlight corporate morality. Amid the increasingly competitive consumer market, aside from product and service quality, businesses also need to make a difference by building their brand and product value with a sense of good for the community and towards sustainable development.
Vo Tri Thanh, Director of the Institute for Brand and Competitiveness Strategy, said that in the digital era, it is necessary to enhance consumers’ trust and change business models by selling what the market needs and creating markets to sell what enterprises have.
In the current market, it is not too difficult for consumers to choose quality products, but they want much more than the value those products give to them, he said, adding that businesses’ sustainability and profit growth are closely associated with their ethical practices.
The annual Tin & Dung Vietnam programme was first organised over a decade ago in 2006.–VNA
- Windsor Plaza Hotel wins award for excellence
- Pick your favorite: These (mostly) local foods are in the running for Food Expo awards
- 100 tickets to Grand Designs Live to be won
- Eco-products International Fair 2008 opens in Hanoi
- 100 women entrepreneurs selected for IIMB start-up programme
- Announcing The Winners Of The 2018 World Changing Ideas Awards
- Summer's Hot 100: What to hear, see and do in NYC
- 40 Under 40 Awards, San Diego Metro Magazine
- From New Streaming Services to Online Courses, These Are 2018s Most Popular Last Minute Gifts