In the 10th spot is oc, popular throughout Vietnam’s four seasons. Oc is the Vietnamese word for snail – freshwater and salt, big and small. “The preparation varies with the species of snail. Some are fried with chili, lemongrass and garlic. Others are simmered in a salty broth or grilled over charcoals. They’re all delicious, particularly when paired with cold beer and a humid evening,” the site observes. One place above oc is another Vietnamese dish called bun rieu cua. The bun rieu cua is a vermicelli soup with a tomato-based broth made by slowly simmering pork or chicken bones, topped with fried tofu, prawns, crab meat, bean sprouts and fresh Vietnamese herbs like perilla and cilantro. “It’s highly flavoursome, and, at about $1.50 a bowl, almost unfairly inexpensive.” In the third spot is the famous banh mi from ancient Hoi An City. This dish went viral after it was introduced by the late chef Anthony Bourdain on his No Reservations TV series. Bourdain described it as “a symphony within a sandwich.” “Arrive hungry and order one with everything. You’ll be handed a fresh, crunchy baguette filled with salad, pork, pate, fish sauce, mayonnaise and a gratuitous fried egg, wrapped in a piece of local newspaper,” the Traveller wrote…. Read full this story
- Vietnamese champions lead Best XI of 2019 SEA Games men’s football
- Vietnamese striker tops best goal poll for Asian Cup’s Round of 16
- Alexei Smertin named as Russia’s anti-racism inspector before 2018 World Cup
- More than 350 million Latin American voters to elect new leaders in 2018
- What is the kinesio tape that Ivan Perisic and Dele Alli are wearing at the World Cup and what does it do?
- RoK First Lady meets Vietnamese students
- World Jollof Day: Jamie Oliver's #ricegate and other scandals
- Vietnamese volunteer soldiers excellently fulfill mission in Laos: Lao Defence Minister
- RoK police pledge to look into violence against Vietnamese woman
- Vietnamese professor honoured with international prestigious math prize
Three Vietnamese dishes among world’s best in 2018 have 340 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at November 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.