Ninemsn has named Nha Trang in Vietnam the number one destination among the cheapest locations to live as a digital nomad.
“Who wouldn’t want to work beach-side in beautiful Vietnam? The estimated cost of living as a digital nomad in the country’s famous sea-side resort town of Nha Trang US$539 per month,” Ninemsn wrote.
Hanoi has been ranked 5th in the list. The city scores high for being so easy to navigate by foot and expat could live comfortably for US$859 per month.
Ranking 6th is Da Lat city, Lam Dong province in Vietnam. Enjoy Vietnam’s cooler climate in Da Lat, where the cost to live as a digital nomad for a month is an estimated US$909.
On the list, Nha Trang (Vietnam) is followed by Kathmandu (Nepal), Lviv (Ukraine), Queretaro (Mexico), Hanoi (Vietnam), Da Lat, Bighkek (Kyrgyzstan), Kaohsiung (Taiwan, China), Chiang Rai (Thailand), Colombo (Sri Lanka).
Earlier, Vietnam has climbed four ranks to the 19th among the world’s best destinations for expats in 2018, according to HSBC’s latest Expat Explorer Survey report.
The country offers expats high living standards and a welcoming business environment. According to the report, the average annual income for expats in Vietnam is US$90,408 in 2018, up US$2,000 year-on-year, while 31% of the respondents said their income have increased by 25% per year.
- Norway Trails Behind in the List of Top Urban Cities for Digital Nomads
- Three Vietnamese cities among cheapest places to live as a digital nomad
- Living in Thailand - A Paradise For Digital Nomads
- What It's Really Like To Be A Digital Nomad. Hint: It’s Not Glamorous.
- HCM City among world’s eco-tourism destinations for digital nomads in 2019
- Estonia's Interior Ministry seeking to introduce digital nomad visa
- 'Visionary' plan to create five-storey co-living and work space at Leeds library for 'digital nomads'
- Digital Nomad? Here's Why Remote Workers Are Flocking To Spain
- Ho Chi Minh City among world’s eco-tourism destinations for digital nomads in 2019