The amount did not include the 35% of prepayment of 2018 dividends or VND2.24 trillion (US$96.49 million) that ThaiBev is expected to receive in the remaining months of 2018, VnExpress cited ThaiBev’s financial statement as saying.
Thanks to positive business performance of Sabeco and its affiliates, ThaiBev – controlled by tycoon Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi – posted net revenue from sales of goods in the January – June period at VND122.37 trillion (US$5.27 billion), up 22% year-on-year.
Of the total, sales of liquor products amounted to VND82.44 trillion (US$3.55 billion), contributing 67.36% of the total revenue, followed by beer products with 40% of revenue, equivalent to VND69.78 trillion (US$3 billion).
According to ThaiBev, while the beer consumption in the Southeast Asia has been slowing down, Sabeco still maintains an impressive growth rate.
Last December, the Vietnamese government sold nearly 54% stake or 343.42 million shares in Sabeco to ThaiBev through its local unit Vietnam Beverage for US$4.89 billion. ThaiBev secured the fund necessary for the deal by borrowing US$3.05 billion from local banks, including Bangkok Bank, Kasikornbank Public, Krung Thai Bank, Bank of Ayudhya, and Siam Commercial Bank, with two-year terms.
BeerCo, ThaiBev’s wholly-owned subsidiary, also borrowed US$1.95 billion from Mizuho Bank and Standard Chartered Bank’s Singapore branch to help finance the deal.
In 2017, Sabeco alone produced 1.77 billion liters of beer, an increase of 6.6% year-on-year, while the second largest domestic brewer, Habeco (18% market share), brewed 657.6 million liters, down 6.5%.
- Sonae Sierra reached EUR 58.9 million net profit in the first half of the year
- Electrica Group posts RON 210 million net profit in H1, up by RON 201,5 million year-on-year
- Hidroelectrica posts record RON 962 million net profit in H1 2018
- KFH reports KD 44 million net profit for Q1, 13.9% y/y rise; EPS 7.03 fils
- Deutsche Bank posts $468 million net profit in second quarter
- Grid distributor Elering reports €0.6 million net profit rise
- CIMB Thai posts Bt169 million net profit for 3M2018
- TowerJazz Reports Revenues of $323 million with Net Profit of $34 million for the Third Quarter of 2018
- BCR's Q1 2019 net profit up by 6 percent to EUR 56.6 million
- BCR's net profit reaches EUR 218 million in the first nine months, up 15.5 percent y/y