Russian guided missile cruiser Varyag during its visit to a port of the Philippines in April 2017 (Source: rappler) Hanoi (VNA) – The Philippines and Russia have finalised a series of joint defence and military activities the two countries will conduct next year, the Philippine Department of National Defence (DND) said on November 10. The DND said the two countries completed the Plan of Military Cooperation Activities for 2019 during the second meeting of the joint working group (JWG) in Moscow, Russia, on November 7. The JWG serves as a platform for both countries to discuss military-to-military engagements or activities for both countries. The plan consists of activities or engagements, which both sides agreed to conduct in 2019 to include high level exchanges, port visits of navy vessels, attendance in conferences or forums, general staff consultations, cooperation and security consultations, reciprocal visits of delegations and observers for military training activities, and education and training exchanges.-VNA
- China Conducts First Successful Hypersonic Aircraft Test As It Competes With Russia and US for Military Supremacy
- Putin: Russia must strengthen its military infrastructure due to NATO
- V-J Day: U.S. Military Power in Asia Grew After World War II, But Do We Still Need Bases There?
- U.S. Navy Says Russia Submarine Threat Highest Since Cold War and China Making Things Worse
- Pakistan, Russia Sign Rare Military Cooperation Pact
- France Has Answered Russia’s Call for Help in Syria. Will the U.S.?
- China Tells U.S. Military 'Leave Immediately and Keep Out' During Spy Mission
- Is Russia Ready for Another War? Libya and Yemen Leaders Ask for Vladimir Putin's Help
- What Is the Open Skies Treaty? Trump Blocks Funding for Surveillance Program That Includes Russia
- Massive search for missing Marine called off after 5 days in Sulu Sea near the Philippines
Philippines, Russia finalise joint defence, military activities for 2019 have 305 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 11, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.