MIAMI: Former president Barack Obama on Friday (Nov 2) decried as a “political stunt” Donald Trump’s plan to send thousands of US soldiers to the Mexican border to block migrants from entering the country. Former president Barack Obama — campaigning with Florida’s Democratic gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum (left) and Senator Bill Nelson — is aiming to help Democrats win crucial seats in the November 6, 2018 midterm elections AFP/RHONA WISE In a rousing speech to a Miami crowd as he campaigned for fellow Democrats ahead of next week’s midterm elections, Obama said the Republican administration was “even taking our brave troops away from their families for a political stunt at the border.” Trump, who has placed immigration at the heart of his party’s election effort, has persistently attacked the caravan of Central American migrants, denouncing it as a potential “invasion.” Trump announced earlier this week that he would send thousands of troops to the border to beef up national defenses at the border. He has campaigned heavily on the issue, warning supporters Thursday that migrants would soon be “overwhelming your schools, your hospitals, your communities.” Obama said the deployment was serving to “get folks angry and ginned up,” adding: “There’s… Read full this story
- No evidence to support Trump's claim that Obama wiretapped Trump Tower, DOJ says
- Maxine Waters Calls Trump’s Immigration Plan ‘Very Racist’
- U.S. spending deal would raise tobacco age, deny some Trump border wall money
- Rush: Want To Talk About Watergate? Talk About Obama, Not Trump.
- With or without Trump, GOP insurgency plans for a civil war in 2018 midterms
- WATCH: Trevor Noah Claims It’s ‘Absolute Madness’ To Compare Obama And Trump Jokes
- House sends Trump border aid bill after Pelosi caves to pressure from moderates
- Trump Has No Plans on Withdrawal of US Troops From South Korea
- California immigrants worried about health care under Trump green card plan
- The brand new backbone of French politics
Obama brands Trump's border deployment plan a 'political stunt' have 335 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 2, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.