Ha Thu Thanh, chairwoman of Vietnam Business Coaliation for Women’s Empowerment According to McKinsey Global Institute, if women would take part in the global economy on an equal footing with men, the GDP of the globe would increase by $28 trillion by 2025. It is necessary to raise awareness and change people’s mindset. Particularly in Vietnam, commitments on gender equality are strong, but result in little to no specific action, especially at companies. In the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Gender Gap Index 2018, Vietnam ranked as Asia’s sixth most gender equal country. Meanwhile, according to audit company Deloitte Global, Vietnam ranks first in Asia in terms of female leadership in businesses with 17.6 per cent of board members, higher than the world average (15 per cent), while Japan and South Korea are at the bottom of the list with the ratio of 3.5 and 4.1 per cent, respectively. However, in fact, there is scant awareness of gender equality in businesses. Specifically, according to UN Women 2016, the salary of female employees is 20 per cent lower than of male employees in the same role, and this gap is increasing. For around 83 per cent of management positions, recruiters prioritise… Read full this story
- Iceland tops global gender equality index
- Iceland Ranks Highest in Gender Equality
- Global tech companies launch new strategy for gender equality in tech
- Icelandic foreign minister speaks out on gender equality
- What Have We Won?: Gender Equality! Ok, Not Quite...
- Mancunian solicitors press forward in fight for gender equality
- Tunisian report on gender equality 'revolutionary'
- Cannes leaders sign pledge to improve gender equality
- Finnish Equality Ombudsman Clamors for Gender-Equal Barbershops, Beauty Salons
- 'Without gender equality, the conflict in Yemen will continue'
Global gender equality certificate improves competitiveness of businesses have 291 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at November 30, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.