Mai Chau among Asia’s travel hotspots and their off-the-beaten path alternatives.
A party town at heart, Nha Trang is still a must-visit location for many backpackers making their way through Vietnam. And while Dalat certainly isn’t unknown or uncrowded, it definitely has an alternative scene and unique atmosphere when comparing it to the rest of Vietnam. Head here instead if you want to check out the hillsides dotted with French-colonial villas, the mini replica Eiffel Tower, and widespread farmlands cultivating fruits and flowers.
“Dalat also has a slightly cooler climate, and it’s popular with outdoor adrenaline junkies who want to try their hand at white water rafting, canyoning and mountain biking,” Daily Hive wrote.
Hanoi is the incredible capital city of Vietnam, known for its centuries-old architecture and deep history. The chaotic Old Quarter of Hanoi couldn’t be more removed from the rolling green hills and patchwork of rice fields that surround the village of Mai Chau.
“The ultimate destination for hiking, relaxation, and smooth cycling, Mai Chau is the ideal getaway spot. If you like the idea of waking up in traditional stilt housing to the sound of birdsong, then this place is a bit of you,” Daily Hive wrote.
Vietnam welcomed more than 12 million foreign holidaymakers in the first ten months of 2018, a 22.4% increase from the same period last year, according to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT).
Arrivals by road, air and sea in the reviewed period recorded annual increases of 62.5%, 16.7% and 2.3%, respectively, while growth was also seen in the numbers of visitors from all five continents.
- Srikanth, Sindhu and Saina Carry India's hopes at 2018 Badminton Asia Championships
- Badminton Asia Championships 2018: Schedule of India’s first round matches, start time, telecast and how to watch online
- Amateur Kawauchi takes alternative route to Boston glory
- World Team Table Tennis Championships 2018: Ready to set new milestone for Asia, Mouma Das hopes to carry on from Gold Coast
- Stern test for Saina Nehwal and Kidambi Srikanth at Badminton Asia Championships; PV Sindhu has it easier
- Pakistan won’t travel to India for Asia Cup if India don’t go to Pakistan for Emerging Cup
- Raghubar Das first Jharkhand CM to complete 4 years in office
- Badminton Asia Championships 2018: Schedule of India’s second round matches, start time, telecast and how to watch online
- Luton Airport flight path changes “unfair to Hertfordshire residents”
- NBA Journey Week Twenty-Four: The Road Less Traveled