The Vietnamese universities to make the list are: the Vietnam National University in Hanoi (ranking No,1,211), Ton Duc Thang University in Ho Chi Minh City (No. 1,422), the University of Science and Technology in Hanoi (No.1,549), the Vietnam National University in Ho Chi Minh City (No.1,550), the Hanoi Medical University (No.2,061), Can Tho University (No.2,285), and the Hanoi Pedagogical University (No.2,467).
In the list released by the University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP), Harvard University of the US took the top spot, followed by Toronto University of Canada, Oxford University of England, and Stanford University of the US.
URAP is a non-profit organization which was established in 2009 at the Informatics Institute of Middle East Technical University. The main objective of URAP is to develop a ranking system for universities throughout the world based on academic performances which are determined by the quality and quantity of academic publications.
- SGGP lists 10 most significant cultural events of 2011
- Nearly 4,500 Vietnamese renounce citizenship in 2015
- No Vietnamese confirmed dead in Japan earthquake
- Nearly 4,500 Vietnamese renouncing citizenship in 2015
- Policies, not funds, stymie development of universities
- One million Vietnamese children malnourised
- Social News 7/7
- BUSINESS NEWS IN BRIEF 23/8
- Vietnam's bun cha listed top 10 world’s best street food