Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – The Vietnam Football Federation (VFF) will sell 25,000 online tickets if Vietnam qualify for the ongoing AFF Suzuki Cup 2018's semi-finals, according to VFF general secretary Le Hoai Anh.
Anh said the VFF held an urgent meeting to deal with difficulties in selling tickets to avoid touting.
The VFF sold tickets for the match between Vietnam and Malaysia from 150,000 VND (6.5 USD) to 400,000 VND (17 USD). They sold through public bodies, online registration and in person at the stadium.
11,000 tickets were sold via public bodies, 3,700 tickets online and fans had to queue to buy 9,000 tickets at My Dinh National Stadium. The rest of the tickets went to VFF's partners and sponsors.
However, the VFF's supply didn't meet fans' demand, with many unable to secure tickets through legal means so had to buy them on the black market for a price up to tenfold the original value.
Tickets sold through public bodies and huge queues caused problems for fans and the VFF.
"We are enthusiastic fans. We supported Vietnam through all matches. We sent an official dispatch to the VFF to buy tickets but the amount of tickets was not enough for fans. We registered for 1,000 but the VFF said they only had 700. But in fact, the VFF couldn't supply 700 tickets. Finally, there were only 300 tickets for us," said Nguyen Van Luan, a member of the Vietnam Football Supporters Association.
"When tickets don't come to real fans, we are forced to buy tickets on the black market . A pair of tickets in D or C Stand is only 300,000 VND (13 USD) but we have to buy them for 1.3 million VND (56 USD)," Luan added.
Due to these issues, Anh said the VFF will sell all tickets via online, instead of through public bodies and at the stadium, from early December if Vietnam reach the semi-finals.
"We worked with our technology partner to upgrade the link system to ensure 1,000 people can buy tickets at the same time," said Anh.
Besides, the VFF will work with the Vietnam Post to send tickets to fans quickly. If fans don't receive tickets via post, they can get tickets at the VFF's office on a fixed day.-VNS/VNA
- Son of FIFA vice president Grondona admits selling World Cup tickets
- Cote d’Ivoire win African Cup of Nations in extended penalty shootout
- FIFA will open a new phase of ticket sales for World Cup
- Two-thirds of World Cup matches sold out, USA tickets go fast
- Dodgers to season-ticket holders: No more paper tickets
- New films scrutinize Brazil’s World Cup legacy
- Mad Rio hunt for game tickets, scalpers dodge cops
- Report: Lightning ticket policy draws ire of Army captain
- Blackhawks fans unhappy with Lightning ticket policy
- From Phoenix to Rio: Two Americans will start an epic World Cup road trip
- At 14, Nishikori began path to the US Open final
- Morata, Van Persie linked with Premier League
25,000 online tickets to sell if VN enter AFF Cup’s semi-finals have 514 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at November 16, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.