(CNN)The number of people infected with the Zika virus in India has increased to 94 confirmed cases in the western state of Rajasthan, including 22 pregnant women, as of 17 October. The first case was confirmed on September 23 and the number of people who have tested positive for the virus in the city of Jaipur has steadily grown since then. Teams sent by the government of India are working on the ground, said Dr V.K. Mathur, director of Public Health for Rajasthan. The state’s health department has deployed 330 teams to affected areas in the Shastri Nagar area in Jaipur to monitor and stall the spread of the infection with intensive fogging of mosquito sites and rigorous surveillance to identify cases early. People who have tested positive are being isolated in hospitals or in their homes and are being monitored closely by officials. Read More Special teams have also been formed to verify positive cases and isolate them. The state’s health department has split the infected areas into eight zones in which doctors, district officials, social welfare workers and health officers are mobilized to deal with the outbreak, according to a statement released by the state. Around 434,515 people… Read full this story
- Rape protests spread beyond India
- This unusual new IoT botnet is spreading rapidly via peer-to-peer communication
- First Case of Female to Male Zika Virus Transmission Reported in New York
- NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio on Zika Risk: 'We Are Very Concerned' About Mosquito Season
- India debates naming new law after gang-rape victim
- Aston Martin's $255,000 Electric RapidE Has A 552 Horsepower V12 To Beat
- Florida Confirms 5 New Non-Travel Related Cases Of Zika Including One in Tampa Bay
- How Worried Should You Be About the Zika Virus?
- World Health Organization Declares Zika Virus an International Public Health Emergency
- Texas Identifies First Local Case of Zika, Likely Spread By a Mosquito
Zika spreads rapidly in India, with 94 cases confirmed have 321 words, post on us.cnn.com at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.