Chennai, Oct 2: An ugly spat broke out between Puducherry Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi and an AIADMK lawmaker over duration of the MLA’s speech at a government function on Tuesday.
A video clip which is going viral on social media, shows Lieutenant Governor Kiran Bedi confronting A Anbalagan on stage over the duration of his speech.
While Bedi can be heard telling the lawmaker to “please go”, an angry Anbalagan can be seen snapping back at her.
Kiran Bedi took to Twitter and said the MLA’s mike had to be turned off after he rejected requests from panel of ministers to limit his speech.
“An MLA’s Mike had to b turned off when he persistently rejected any req from panel of Hble Ministers to limit his speech. He rejected all appeals. He shouted back. I hav seen him do this earlier too. Event was to give away awards for good work done in making Puducherry ODF,” she said.
#WATCH Verbal spat on stage between Puducherry Governor Kiran Bedi and AIADMK MLA A Anbalagan at a government function. The argument reportedly broke out over duration of MLA’s speech pic.twitter.com/bptFSr80nC
— ANI (@ANI) October 2, 2018
This is not the first time that the MLA has been critical of Bedi. In March last year, he had urged the Centre to recall her accusing her of delaying development work in the union territory.
Anbalagan had alleged that the Lt Governor delayed the approval of cabinet decisions once they were placed before her and added that this affected the development works in the union territory.
He had also accused Bedi of trying to drive a wedge between elected representatives and the people.
- It really WAS a 'bumpy year': Buckingham Palace releases photos of the Queen at every Christmas Day speech for last decade... with her majesty looking especially stern this year amid Prince Andrew crisis
- Five things to watch in tech for 2020
- REVIEW: ‘SEAL Team’ Wraps Up Season 2 With Very Solid Finale Episode
- 'Every Jew watching noticed that': David Baddiel tweets his concerns as Jeremy Corbyn mis-pronounces Jeffrey Epstein's surname as 'Epschtine' sparking ANOTHER anti-Semitism row - as Labour leader and Boris Johnson dodge Prince Andrew question in debate
- Rage Against the Machine Guitarist Joins Fight To Ban Facial Recognition Technology From Music Festivals and Shows
- Bhumi Pednekar: Playing a city girl will come naturally to me
- Live coverage: Witnesses say Trump committed impeachable offenses
- 2019 is the year tech couldn't stop screwing up
- The Hill's Morning Report - Impeachment of Trump resumes
- The craziest TV moments of 2019 unpacked
- Maloney: Our system of government was founded on checks and balances and holding everyone accountable
- They sit there, stoic, implacable, defiant
WATCH: Asked to wrap speech, lawmaker fights with Kiran Bedi on camera have 773 words, post on www.oneindia.com at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.