The statement was made by the Minister of Planning and Investment and Chairman of Vietnam-Germany Friendship Association (VGFA), Nguyen Chi Dung, at a friendship exchange programme in Hanoi on October 11th to mark the 28th anniversary of German Unity Day (October 3rd).
The annual event of the VGFA aims to meet the desire of its members and build closer bonds with Germany and is seen as the perfect platform for Germany loving people to exchange information, seek cooperation opportunities and actively contribute to promoting friendship and cooperation between people from the two countries, Dung said at the same time commending’s the VGFA’s significant contributions to the development of all- around ties through diversifying people-to-people exchanges.
Germany is the largest trade partner of Vietnam in both the European Union and in Europe at large. Since the beginning of the year, the bilateral trade value has reached the US$3.5 billion mark so far.
The European powerhouse has invested in 286 projects based in Vietnam with a total registered capital of more than US$1.4 billion, ranking 20th out of 116 countries investing in Vietnam. As a result, there will be plentiful opportunities for both nations to further enhance bilateral cooperation in economics, trade and investment in the years ahead, said Minister Dung.
For his part, German Ambassador Christian Berger pledged his embassy’s possible support for the VGFA in organizing people-to-people diplomacy activities in order to reinforce the time-honoured friendship and comprehensive cooperation between the two countries’ people.
- Conference held to boost tourism development in Vietnam’s northwest region
- Familiarity fosters increased expectations for Cardinals
- FOX Sports Southwest Exclusive: Shaq and Dale Brown go inside their special friendship
- Foster to be Kiffin’s next great wide receiver?
- The Latest: 2nd stadium in Germany city is evacuated
- The Latest: Germany: Mounting info of planned stadium attack
- The Latest: No explosives found stadium in northern Germany
- Pouncey claiming dominance over Foster in ‘Madden’ at Steelers camp
- Klinsmann says USA wants to win, not tie, against Germany
- ‘I still have a friendship’ with Schumacher, says former Ferrari boss