The meetings took place on the sidelines of the Western Pacific Naval Symposium (WPNS), scheduled for October 12 in Jeju.
At the meeting with Japanese Admiral Murakawa, the two sides expressed their delight at the success of Vietnamese ship 015-Tran Hung Dao’s visit to Japan and the Japanese submarine’s visit to Vietnam. They highlighted the visits and emphasized the solemn receptions given to the vessels by the two countries’ people, militaries and navies.
|At the meeting between Vice Admiral Pham Hoai Nam and Japanese Admiral Murakawa|
The Japanese admiral said that naval cooperation plays an important role in the two nations’ ties.
For his part, Vice Admiral Nam hoped that more Japanese naval ships will visit Vietnam in the future and the two navies will promote exchanges of delegations at all levels, contributing to strengthening the mutual understanding between the two navies, for the common goals of freedom of navigation and maintenance of peace and stability in the region.
Receiving Indian Vice Admiral Karambir Singh, the Vietnamese Vice Admiral thanked the Indian Navy in particular and the Indian Ministry of Defense in general for their support for the Vietnamese Navy in cooperation contents.
|Vice Admiral Pham Hoai Nam (left) and Indian Vice Admiral Karambir Singh|
Vice Admiral Nam stressed that the Vietnamese Navy always considers the Indian Navy a big friend. Nam suggested the two navies continue to maintain the bilateral consultation mechanism between the two navies, which has been carried out effectively over the past times.
The Indian officer agreed with the Vietnamese officer’s suggestion and thanked the Vietnamese Ministry of National Defense and Navy for their solemn welcome for the Indian naval ships during their visits to Vietnam.
He also voiced his hope that the two countries will continue to uphold exchanges of delegations at all levels and information exchange, and emphasized that joint exercises will be a good foundation for the two navies to further develop their cooperation.
Translated by Mai Huong
- Be worried, very worried, about what just happened in India and Pakistan
- India, Saudi Arabia to deepen cooperation to fight terrorism
- Why Vietnam Appeals as Possible Host for Trump-Kim Summit
- Answering the call: The women on the front lines of Japan's defense
- Collapse of Vietnam summit highlights dangerous fault lines
- India bans imports of plastic waste
- Number of children in Japan shrinks to new record low
- The critical yet overlooked part of Trump's trip to Vietnam was ... Vietnam
- India to cut red tape and issue visas on arrival from October
- One Championship announces 1st show in Japan for March 2019