Notably, the manufacturing and processing sectors continued to attract most the foreign investment of US$ 13.2 billion, accounting for 47.5 percent of the total registered foreign investment. The top two were followed by real estate drawing US$ 5.7 billion (20.4 percent).
As of October 20, disbursement of foreign direct investment projects is estimated at US$ 15.1 billion, up by 6.3 percent compared to the same period last year.
According to the FIA, foreign investors have been investing in 59 cities and provinces. Among them, the capital city of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City were respectively the first and second most attractive destinations for foreign investors.
Translated by Lam Anh
- Foreign investment in Cuba might be at risk if U.S. allows lawsuits over confiscated property
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Market to Garner USD 26 billion by 2026: Acumen Research and Consulting
- Automotive Cybersecurity Market Size Worth USD 912 billion by 2026: Acumen Research and Consulting
- Global food traceability market is expected to garner $22.27 billion by 2025: AMR
- Exclusive: Philip Morris paid for India manufacturing despite ban on foreign investment – documents
- Walz’s $1.27 billion bonding proposal faces uphill fight
- City health care companies attracted nearly $2 billion last year
- Centene to buy WellCare for $15.27 billion
- Editorial: Transformative $2 billion schools investment also requires pension reforms (Editorial Agenda 2019)
- Trump plans to meet North Korea's Kim in Vietnam on Feb. 27-28: Politico