While in Switzerland, Mr. Nguyen Xuan Thang, who is Chairman of the CPVCC’s Theoretical Council and Director of the Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics, had a working session with Mauro Moruzzi, Head of International Cooperation at the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation.
He and Moruzzi exchanged views on modern challenges, especially those in the digital age to education and human resource training.
He also met with Raphael Naegeli, head of the Asia and Pacific Division under the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, to discuss bilateral ties and Switzerland-ASEAN relations.
The Swiss official spoke highly of Vietnam’s economic development over the years and noted that the two nations have bolstered cooperation in technical assistance.
Switzerland is looking to enhance economic cooperation with Vietnam in the coming time, Naegeli stated, adding that Swiss firms want to increase investment in the Southeast Asian country.
He underlined that the Swiss and Vietnamese governments play a significant role in creating a legal corridor which facilitates long term operations of businesses.
At the working session with Andreas Ladner, Director of the Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration, University of Lausanne, the two sides discussed prospects for cooperation in training and research on leadership and management.
Mr. Nguyen Xuan Thang also met with Andre Simonazzi, Vice Chancellor and spokesman for the Swiss Federal Council, and Christian Levrat, President of the Social Democratic Party of Switzerland.
The official also met with staff of the Embassy of Vietnam in Switzerland and overseas Vietnamese in the country./.CPV/VNA
- Government Offices of Vietnam, Laos step up cooperation
- Vietnam, EU boost comprehensive cooperation
- Vietnam, Japan need further cooperation for regional prosperity: Japanese expert
- Vietnam Airlines, French partner cooperate in aircraft engine maintenance
- Vietnam, Germany expand defense cooperation
- Vietnam a reliable partner of Russia: State Duma Chairman
- Vietnam's top legislator begins official visit to Belarus
- Vietnam values traditional friendship with Belarus: Top legislator
- Vietnam & Russia agree on $10bn bilateral investment
- International cooperation enhanced to enforce UNCLOS