HCM City People’s Supreme Court on Monday heard the trial appeal for the economic mismanagement and misappropriation case at Trust Bank leading to the loss of VND6.3 trillion (US$271 million). Defendants shown at the last trial. – VNA/VNS Photo Previously, on May 31, 28 former officials of Trust Bank (Dai Tin Bank – now known as the Viet Nam Construction Bank) were sentenced to between three and 30 years in prison by the city People’s Supreme Court on charges of “abusing trust to appropriate property” and “intentionally violating State regulations on economic management and causing serious consequences” after a three-week trial. 11 of the 28 defendants appealed the court’s verdict. The key defendant Hua Thi Phan, former senior advisor of the management board of Trust Bank, and former chairwoman of the management board of Phu My Investment and Development JSC, appeals the entirety of the first-instance judgments. In her letter of appeal, Phan said that the first-instance judgments adjudicated unfairly for her and did not consider all evidences. Phan received the highest sentence of 30 years in jail. In addition, 15 of 214 people involved in the case called for a trial appeal. The Viet Nam Construction Bank (CB Bank)… Read full this story
- EOW arrests HDIL Directors Sarang Wadhawan, Rakesh Wadhawan in connection with PMC Bank case
- PMC bank case: Former director Surinder Arora being questioned
- Shiv Sena asks RBI to merge PMC Bank with bigger bank
- What Happens in an Auto Accident Case?
- Trust Account Bookkeeping Basics
- How to Find a Mesothelioma Trial Attorney
- The Swiss Offshore Bank Account Your Money Will Love
- Legal Billing With Trust Account
- PMC Scam: Shiv Sena MPs meet RBI Governor, urge him to merge PMC with Punjab National Bank, ICICI or HDFC
- The Future is Going Direct (Banking)
Trust Bank case defendants call for trial appeal have 302 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.