Trump spoke hours after Turkey’s president, Tayyip Erdogan, dismissed Saudi efforts to blame Khashoggi’s death on rogue operatives. Erdogan urged Riyadh to search “from top to bottom” to uncover those behind Khashoggi’s death in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, an incident that has sparked global outrage and strained relations between Riyadh and Washington. For Saudi Arabia’s allies, the question will be whether they believe that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, who has painted himself as a reformer, has any culpability. Trump said the killing and subsequent cover-up by Saudi Arabia were “a total fiasco.” “There should have never been an execution or a cover-up, because it should have never happened,” Trump told reporters. He said he had spoken on Monday with the crown prince who denied having anything to do with Khashoggi’s killing. Earlier, Trump said the Khashoggi matter was handled badly by Saudi officials. “Bad deal, should have never been thought of. Somebody really messed up. And they had the worst cover-up ever,” Trump told reporters at the White House. Khashoggi, a critic of the crown prince, was a U.S. resident and Washington Post columnist. Trump’s comments in recent days have ranged from threatening Saudi Arabia… Read full this story
- Ankara says Saudi authorities must extradite Khashoggi’s killers to Turkey
- UN expert visits Saudi consulate where Jamal Khashoggi was killed
- Donald Trump says shutdown could last years but appoints negotiating team
- Donald Trump says government shutdown could last ‘for a long time’
- Donald Trump says he could intervene in Huawei case
- President Trump says Interior Secretary is leaving administration
- Trump says campaign violations are 'no big deal'
- Trump says he has ‘no idea’ if deal can be made on border wall funding
- Trump says all options are on the table as Venezuelan power struggle continues
- Trump says all options on the table as Venezuelan power struggle continues
Trump says Saudis staged 'worst cover-up ever' on Khashoggi have 330 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.