Back to English Comments Industries – October 3, 2018 | 12:02 pm GMT+7 Farmers’ hopes once climbed high on pepper vines in the Central Highlands; today, they are entangled in debt and misery.As the monsoon season ended in the Central Highlands, Lac packed up his belongings and embarked on a southward journey. Leaving behind his grass-covered fields, a tractor that has not been touched for months and a couple of goats that no one wanted to buy, he would work as a security guard for a restaurant in Saigon.Lac has to undertake this journey to save his house from being seized by the bank. His family has been unable to pay their bank loan’s interest for months as the pepper vines that they’d invested all their money in now stand shriveled. Vui, on the other hand, has remained at home in Chu Puh District. She shares Lac’s fate. The pepper vines that had borne the hopes and expectations of her family have now buried her in debt. Unlike Lac, she has stayed behind to wait for the fruits of her last gamble: over 100 pepper vines in her farm have survived the monsoon season, and her family has poured all… Read full this story
- Your Finances - What's the Real Reason Behind the Growing Debt Crisis?
- Supreme Court Case Could Have Huge Effect on Puerto Rican Debt Crisis
- IVA - Helping UK Debtors Out of Debt Crisis!
- Credit Card Debt Consolidation Program
- Aussie Debt Elimination Tips
- Think Before You Choose Debt Consolidation Services
- Do Non-Profit Debt Consolidation Companies Actually Offer Free Service?
- Step Out Of Debt - Go In For Debt Consolidation
- Get Out of Debt Fast
- Try Consolidating Debt
Tragedy of errors: Central Highlands farmers peppered with a debt crisis - VnExpress International have 293 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.