Photo for illustration (Source: CafeF)
Tourism turnover of travel, hotels and restaurants reached an estimated over VND98.49 trillion, an 18.19% rise over a year earlier or 75.19% of the year’s plan.
Aiming to achieve the result, the city organized an array of tourism events, such as Ao dai festival, tourism festival, the greeting of first foreign tourist in New Year’s Day, southern cuisine festival and southern fruit festival.
Besides, it focused on improving the quality of activities of tourism in order to solve the situation of over charging tourists in the central points; ensuring security and safety for tourists and contributing to building the image of a friendly, attractive and safe destination.
According to the development orientation, Ho Chi Minh city will continue developing and improving the quality of products and services, with the focus on developing waterway tourism, supporting art programs and intensifying the construction of tourism websites, publications, Ho Chi Minh city – 100 interest things program, and standard services.
This year, the southern hub hopes to receive 7.5 million international visitors, a year-on-year increase of 25%./.BTA
- Sí, seniors: the Chilean city with grand plans to be the best place to grow old
- Best Cities: Skylines mods
- China's 'eco-cities': empty of hospitals, shopping centres and people
- Series of supporting industry exhibitions gets underway in HCM City
- What would an age-friendly city look like?
- The city that privatised itself to death: 'London is now a set of improbable sex toys poking gormlessly into the air'
- Story of cities #33: how Santiago tackled its housing crisis with 'Operation Chalk'
- Wot I Think - Cities: Skylines After Dark
- U.S. agency urges closing 'loophole' on tourist helicopter flights after fatal crash
- Lost City Dug Up in Ethiopia Part of Mysterious Empire that Rivalled Rome