Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam attaches great importance to its relations with Tanzania, one of the country’s priority partners in Africa, Acting President Dang Thi Ngoc Thinh affirmed on October 11.
At a meeting with visiting Tanzanian Minister of Foreign Affairs and East African Cooperation Augustine Mahiga in Hanoi, Thinh noted with pleasure the fruitful bilateral political collaboration in the party, government, and national assembly channels.
She urged the two sides to promote political cooperation as it creates a firm foundation and favourable conditions for economic, trade, and investment ties, as well as affiliation in other spheres.
The host also suggested the two countries step up trade and investment relations in order to bring bilateral trade turnover to 1 billion USD in the near future, as agreed by their leaders, while expanding partnerships in such areas as agriculture, telecommunications, and consumer goods production.
Vietnam stands ready to share its experience in agricultural production with Tanzania, helping the Tanzanian Government successfully realise its strategy of making agriculture a spearhead sector for the nation’s development.
Thinh expressed her hope that Vietnam and Tanzania will carry forward their cooperation and coordinate with each other at international and multi-lateral forums, including the UN Non-Aligned Movement.
She congratulated Tanzania on the political-economic-social achievements the country has recorded in recent times and lauded the role, position, and contributions of Tanzania to peace, integration, and development in East Africa.
For his part, Augustine Mahiga highlighted the time-honoured cooperative ties between Vietnam and Tanzania.
Expressing his admiration for Vietnam’s socio-economic achievements, he said Vietnam is a exemplary model for Tanzania during its process of national development.
Tanzania supports Vietnam’s run for a non-permanent seat at the UN Security Council for 2020-2021, he promised.
The Minister said Vietnam’s investments have helped Tanzania with economic transformation, towards industrialisation and modernisation.
The Tanzanian Government always creates the best possible conditions for Vietnamese firms to invest in and run business in the country, he stressed, expressing his hope that Tanzania will attract more Vietnamese enterprises in the time ahead. –VNA
- I need 'best partner' Corzine, says President Obama
- How to Remove an Unfit President With the 25th Amendment
- Hundreds of Burundian refugees return home from Tanzania
- Vietnam, Canada hold huge potential to cooperate in supporting industry
- Vietnam to become member of The Hague pact on industrial designs
- News24.com | Mom of missing SA teacher hands out posters at police stations in Vietnam
- 100,000 African elephants have been slaughtered for ivory in the past decade
- Trend Micro commits to invest in cybersecurity in Vietnam
- Korean firms seek business opportunities in Vietnam
- Vietnam, UK sign MoU on educational cooperation