Hoang’s time of 7:50:20 was enough to win gold, surpassing his rivals Yoshida Keisuke from Japan and Kalmar Akos from Hungary.
Hoang’s winning time also broke his own national record achieved two months ago at the Asian Games (ASIAD) in Indonesia.
His old record stood at 7:54:32. Earlier, Hoang finished fourth in the men’s 400 m freestyle with a time of 3:48:85 at the Youth Olympic Games.
- Chloe Kim Is the First US Woman to Win Gold in Youth Olympics History
- Esports could be an official part of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Ubisoft Says It Won't Remove Russia From Its 2018 Olympics Game
- Infographic: Water consumption in Edmonton, Canada during Olympic gold medal hockey game
- How 'bout some physics with that slap shot? The science of the Winter Olympic Games
- Centenarian Wins Gold Medal in 100-Meter Dash
- Rio Olympic Games pioneers cloud use
- Visa to trial NFC wearables at Rio Olympic Games
- Are the 2012 Olympic Games whitewashing London?
- Track Olympic Games energy usage in real time with new site