At 3:30 pm of October 23, a woman performing immigration procedure at the Tay Trang border check point was noticed with suspicious behaviours. The border guard checked her motor bike and found small packs hidden inside. The packs contained 5,000 pink-colored pills marked WY.
The woman was identified as Lo Thi Huong, born in 1975, a resident of the local Noong Luong commune in Dien Bien district.
She said she often travels to Laos for business and knows a person living in Laos’ Phongsaly province.
She admitted that the Lao acquaintance helped her buy the drug at 2.5 million kips and that she was trying to smuggle the drug into Vietnam to sell for profits.
The case is under further investigation.-VNA
- Dien Bien: Two men caught carrying 20,000 meth pills
- Trafficker of 3.5kg of heroin arrested in Dien Bien
- Three Lao drug traffickers arrested in Dien Bien
- Dien Bien police seize 1kg of heroin from drug dealer
- Lao drug traffickers arrested near border with Vietnam
- Lao drug traffickers arrested in Dien Bien
- Police seize 14,000 drug pills hidden in hearse in central Vietnam
- Trans-national drug traffickers arrested in HCM City
- Dien Bien: three arrested for smuggling 50 kg of meth