Brussels (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and the high-ranking Vietnamese delegation arrived in Brussels, Belgium, in the afternoon of October 16 (local time), where he will attend the 12th ASEM Summit, pay a working visit to the European Union and make an official visit to Belgium.
His attendance at the 12th ASEM Summit and visits are being made at the invitation of President of the European Council Donald Tusk, President of the European Commission Jean-Claude Juncker and Belgian Prime Minister Charles Michel.
PM Phuc is scheduled to hold talks with his Belgian counterpart and witness the signing of cooperative documents between ministries, sectors and businesses of the two countries on October 16.
He also has plans to meet with executives of several major European groups.
Belgium is the second stop of PM Phuc’s trip to Europe. The first stop was Austria, where he had talks with Chancellor Sebastian Kurz, met with President of the Austrian National Council Wolfgang Sobotka, and made a courtesy visit to President Alexander Van der Bellen. The PM also attended a Vietnam-Austria investment promotion forum and received several leading business leaders of Austria.-VNA
- Indian Prime Minister posts video of morning fitness routine
- Can You Really Eat Moldy Food Like British Prime Minister Theresa May Reportedly Does?
- Brexit Booster Boris Johnson to Be UK Prime Minister
- Why everyone's talking about New Zealand's next Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern
- Even Australia's prime minister isn't immune from being fined
- Thailand's prime minister used an actual cut-out of himself to escape the media
- After red-carpet treatment, President Trump lashes out at British prime minister
- Serbia to have first gay prime minister as Ana Brnabic is chosen
- Romania to have first female prime minister, Viorica Dancila
- French President Macron called Australian Prime Minister's wife 'delicious' during a speech