The 10 hot picks include representatives from Portugal, Colombia, Nigeria, the Philippines, Slovenia, Puerto Rico, Guyana, Mexico, Guam and Vietnam.
Miss Portugal leads the hot picks. The Vietnamese representative Phuong Khanh takes up second position on the list and she is then followed by the Colombian entrant.
Phuong Khanh, 23, from Ben Tre Province, is 1.72m tall, weighs 51kg and measures 90-58-94. She was the second runner-up of Miss Sea Vietnam Global 2018. Khanh is currently a student of Curtin University Singapore, majoring in marketing. At age 15, while watching Miss Earth 2010 held in Vietnam, she dreamed of participating in the prestigious beauty contest and here she is.
In Miss Earth 2018 she recently earned a gold medal for the Best National Costume from Asia and Oceania. She was highly praised for using no make-up, showing off her natural smooth and bright skin.
This year, the global pageant has attracted 94 contestants across the globe. The grand finale is set to get underway in Manila, the Philippines on November 3.
Earlier Vietnam has sent many representatives to vie for the pageant. Some of them displayed good results with Nguyen Thi Le Nam Em finishing in the Top 8 in 2016 whilst Ha Thu was among the Top 16 in 2017.
- Charming portraits of Phuong Khanh and other beauties at Miss Earth 2018
- Phuong Khanh claims silver medal at Miss Earth’s swimsuit event
- Phuong Khanh wins gold medal at Miss Earth’s national costume session
- Phuong Khanh to compete at Miss Earth 2018
- Nguyen Phuong Khanh selected as Miss Earth 2018 Vietnam entrant
- Vietnamese beauty crowned Miss Earth 2018
- Minh Tu in 10 First Hot Picks for Miss Supranational 2018: Missosology
- A look back at Phuong Khanh’s journey through Miss Earth 2018
- Nguyen Phuong Khanh crowned Miss Earth 2018