WASHINGTON/NEW YORK — Former U.S. President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were among the targets of suspected package bombs delivered to several high-profile Democrats and CNN, which the FBI said it was investigating as an act of terrorism. At least eight suspicious parcels were intercepted before reaching any intended recipients, including Obama’s attorney general, Eric Holder, former CIA Director John Brennan and prominent Democratic Party donor George Soros. Two packages were sent to California Congresswoman Maxine Waters, the FBI said. Investigators were trying to track down another suspicious parcel they believe was addressed to Obama’s vice president, Joe Biden, a federal official told Reuters late on Wednesday. None of the eight packages detonated, and nobody was hurt. There was no immediate claim of responsibility. But news of the bomb threats heightened tension in a nation deeply polarized ahead of elections on Nov. 6 that will decide whether Democrats take control of one or both houses of Congress from Republicans and deny President Donald Trump the majority his party now holds in both. Some leading Democrats were quick to accuse Trump himself of stoking the potential for political violence by frequently engaging in hyper-partisan, vitriolic rhetoric. Trump… Read full this story
- Russian hackers target European governments before elections, security firm warns
- Sri Lanka police in shootout during raid 'at suspected bomb factory'
- Police in Christchurch find suspected bomb, man arrested
- Suspected bomb in Bordon may have been dog's bowl
- Whatsapp targets fake messages ahead of India mega-election
- Italian Police Carry Out Raid Targeting Suspected Nusra Sympathisers
- Ex Australian gang member targeted in bomb attack
- Obama Subtly Pressured Biden Not to Run in 2016 Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Is Not Running in 2020
- Seven Bombs Detonate in Thailand, Another Seven Defused by Police – Reports
Obama, Clinton among targets of suspected bombs ahead of U.S. election have 309 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 25, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.