More than 7,000 people have joined the migrant caravan headed toward the US border with Mexico, a UN spokesman said Monday, citing estimates of the International Organization for Migration. Honduran migrants in a caravan to the US, take a break in Tapachula, Chiapas state, Mexico AFP/Johan ORDONEZ UNITED NATIONS, United States: More than 7,000 people have joined the migrant caravan headed toward the US border with Mexico, a UN spokesman said Monday (Oct 22), citing estimates of the International Organisation for Migration. “IOM reports that large numbers of people are arriving in Mexico today and are likely to remain in the country for an extended period,” UN deputy spokesman Farhan Haq said, urging that they be treated with “respect and dignity”. “At this time, it is estimated that the caravan comprises some 7,233 persons, many of whom intend to continue the march north.” Haq said UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres had spoken to several leaders about the situation over the weekend and planned to travel to Washington on Tuesday for talks with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. “This situation needs to be dealt with in line with international law and with full respect for countries’ right to manage their own… Read full this story
- What is HIAS? Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting Suspect Accused Jews Of Helping Migrant Caravan 'Invaders'
- Trump vows to send as many troops 'as necessary' to keep growing migrant caravan out
- Border Patrol Union President Thanks 'Fox & Friends' for Calling Migrant Caravan Immigrants Criminals
- Tear-Gassing Migrant Children at Protests Is Not ‘Un-American’
- Trump Border Wall is 'Symbolic', Can't Stop Undocumented Migrants - Analysts
- German terrorist's nine victims - including pregnant mother - all had migrant backgrounds and 'were shot with a Glock 17 pistol he'd bought legally online', police reveal as they probe whether he had an accomplice
- Bosnian Minister Warns 100,000 Migrants Heading For European Union in Coming Weeks
- Migrant rescue ship arrives in Italian port in defiance of Salvini
- Provinces ease hurdles for returning migrant workers with health checks
- The rise of the German far-Right: How the 2015 migrant crisis sparked surge for right wing parties, hate crimes... and now another fatal terror attack
More than 7,000 people headed for US in migrant caravan: UN have 364 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.