Vietnamese Party Chief Nguyen Phu Trong
“India immensely values its close friendship with Vietnam. Our countries have common interests, profound responsibility and enormous opportunities to promote peace, stability and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region”, the letter said.
In the letter, Ram Nath also said: “I am confident that my visit to Vietnam in November, 2018 will further consolidate our political trust and deepen India-Vietnam Comprehensive Strategic Partnership to the benefit of our two peoples.”
“I take this opportunity to convey to Your Excellency my best wishes for your personal well being and for the continued progress and prosperity of the friendly people of Vietnam”, he added.
Vietnam’s National Assembly, the country’s supreme legislative body, elected Nguyen Phu Trong new President with a majority of vote at its plenum on October 23.
Trong is the first person since founding father Ho Chi Minh to hold both posts as party secretary and state president.
- US ambassador congratulates Vietnamese Party chief over presidential election
- Belarus president talks about possible results of presidential election in Ukraine
- India's Congress party chief files election nomination
- President Obama holds talks with Vietnamese Party chief
- Bản in : Lao leaders receive Vietnamese Party chief’s special envoy
- Nhandan Newspaper - Lao leaders receive Vietnamese Party chief’s special envoy
- Chinese press highlights Vietnamese Party chief’s visit
- Lao leaders receive Vietnamese Party chief’s special envoy
- Vietnamese Party chief concludes visit to France