HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City wants to cooperate with Japanese investors in climate change adaptation, green growth, application of technology in environmental protection and education, a local official said on October 12.
While receiving Vice Chairman of the International Friendship Exchange Council (FEC) of Japan Yoshihiko Nakagaki, Vice Chairman of the HCM City People's Committee Le Thanh Liem said the city also desires to further boost cultural and people-to-people exchanges, especially exchanges between students and youths, in order to enhance mutual understanding and bilateral relations between Vietnam and Japan.
Liem affirmed that Japan is a close friend of Vietnam and HCM City in particular, adding that the city has increased the exchange of visits as well as cooperation and friendship activities with Japan and its cities and prefectures.
The two sides have also organised a range of cultural exchange activities such as the Japan-Vietnam Festival and the Vietnam Festival in Aichi with the theme of "Ho Chi Minh City's Integration and Development," he said.
At the meeting, Liem and Nakagaki also discussed a number of issues in which Japan is interested like settlement of pressure from growing population, traffic congestion, flooding and the city's education work.
Nakagaki, who is also Chairman of the Japan-Vietnam Cultural and Economic Exchange Committee, said this is the eighth time has had led a FEC delegation on a working visit to Vietnam, enabling him to witness the rapid, impressive changes of both Vietnam and HCM City.
He commended the city's remarkable contributions to Vietnam's strong economic growth in recent years. Japan highly evaluated potential for socio-economic development of Vietnam and HCM City in particular in the future, Nakagaki added.
Sharing HCM City's plan to build itself into a smart city, Nakagaki said Japanese businesses want to join hands with the city in dealing with challenges in the process of urban development, especially in water supply and drainage, transport infrastructure and energy, among others.
The FEC was established in May 1983 as a non-profit international exchange organisation that, on the private-sector level, promotes relationships of friendship and cooperation between Japan and other countries as well as fosters public understanding of international circumstances.
Members of the FEC include many people with deep knowledge and experience in diplomacy and international relations, both from the public and private sectors, including ambassadors to Japan. The FEC is committed to developing and promoting relationships of mutual benefit with people of other countries from the perspective of independent, private diplomacy, by uniting the wisdom of members and reflecting people's wishes in diplomacy.-VNA
- HCM City completes financial assistance for those hit by COVID-19
- HCM City to build plant variety, animal breeding centers
- Art club members promote ceramic art through new exhibit
- HCM City to receive 437 foreign experts
- HCM City supports tourism businesses in face of COVID-19
- Tourists returning from Đà Nẵng to HCM City airport to be quarantined for 14 days
- HCM City monitors public transport hubs, vehicles for COVID-19 safety measures
- HCM City prepares scenario for 50 new COVID-19 cases
- Contemporary dance about HCM City lifestyle to be staged at Opera House
- HCM City prepares to receive 700 people from Danang
- HCM City readies land to expand infrastructure at IPs and EPZs, attract investment
- HCM City readies land to expand infrastructure at IPs and EPZs
HCM City promotes people-to-people diplomacy with Japan have 569 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at October 12, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.