Hanoi (VNS/VNA) – Hanoi Trade Corporation (Hapro) has signed contracts for exporting agricultural products worth about 2 million USD at the world’s largest food innovation exhibition SIAL Paris.
The fair, which is taking place in Paris from October 23-27, has an exhibition area of nearly 250,000 sq.m, attracting about 6,500 businesses from more than 100 countries around the world. It is also expected to welcome more than 155,000 visitors from more than 190 countries.
Hapro’s booth features traditional exports of Vietnam such as rice, pepper, cashews, cinnamon, processed food, vermicelli, rice noodles, rice crackers, dried fruits, desiccated coconut and spices.
At the exhibition, Hapro welcomed about 100 customers to learn about the opportunities for cooperation. The corporation also signed export contracts for agricultural products including cashew nuts, desiccated coconut, pepper and cinnamon.
Hapro is also actively negotiating with clients to continue signing contracts to export key products such as rice, pepper, cashew nut, cassava starch, processed vegetables as well as dried fruits.
Prior to this, at the World Rice Conference held in Hanoi from October 10 to 12, Hapro inked three contracts to export rice to Malaysia and the US worth nearly 2.5 million USD.
After the equitisation in June 2018, Hapro’s business activities have made remarkable changes. The corporation has launched a number of trade promotion activities, sought new markets, and strengthened exports.
According to Hapro’s chairwoman Nguyen Thi Nga, in the coming time, Hapro will focus on improving export turnover and making Hapro brand become the leading international brand in the region.
Besides developing commercial infrastructure in Hanoi and other provinces or cities across the country to serve retail development, Hapro boosts the export of key agricultural products and foodstuffs of Vietnam as well as handicraft products to 80 countries and regions in the world.
In the first nine months of 2018, Hapro’s export turnover reached 89 million USD, equaling 122 percent over the same period last year. The corporation’s revenue hit over 3.9 trillion VND (167.2 million USD), a year-on-year increase of 20 percent.
Some export items continued to have high growth rates such as cashew nut with 62 million USD (up 15 percent) and rice with 12 million USD (up 22 percent) over the same period in 2017.
Hapro strives to achieve total revenue of 9 trillion VND by 2020, an increase of 45 percent compared to 2018 with 80 percent of revenue coming from exports, said Hapro’s general director Vu Thanh Son.-VNS/VNA
- Shocking CCTV shows how Romanian burglary gang 'stole luxury goods worth MILLIONS as they raided up to 400 UK homes' and shipped profits back to Eastern Europe in one of country's biggest crime plots
- Afghan gov't approves 35 contracts worth 46 mln USD
- Vietnamese businesses invest over 149.5 million USD abroad
- Ninh Binh mobilises over 98 million USD for new-style rural building
- Vietnam invests over 458 million USD abroad in 11 months
- Third Wave Systems (TWS) announces technology investment of over $1 million USD in its Research and Development efforts
- Extremely rare photo of Billy the Kid and Pat Garrett surfaces, could be worth millions
- New York Giants Rookie Daniel Jones Signs Contract Worth $25.6 Million
- Selena Gomez -- Worth Millions at 17
- LiAngelo & LaMelo Ball Sign Pro Contracts with Lithuanian Team