(VEN) - The Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade recently issued a detailed plan for developing modern trade infrastructure and services from 2018-2020. A report by the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade indicates that the capital is home to 454 markets, 124 supermarkets and more than 700 convenience stores. Although trade infrastructure planning and development in Vietnam in general and Hanoi in particular has reached certain achievements, the infrastructure remains inadequate and needs to be further developed to meet development demands. Over the past five years, both shopping and trade activities in traditional markets have decreased, while those in modern trade centers including modern supermarkets have been growing strongly. More and more foreign-owned convenience stores, including Shop & Go, Family Mart, Favimart, and Ministop were launched in Hanoi. Meanwhile, such big domestic names as Saigon Co.op’s Co.op Food and the Hanoi Trade Corporation’s Hapro supermarkets are growing in number and improving in quality. Convenience stores are also attracting a growing number of shoppers and retailers, offering a diverse range of goods at reasonable prices and increasingly greater convenience. They have become a trend here in Vietnam. From now to 2020, Hanoi targets having five more shopping centers (including one regional… Read full this story
- End of '21st century socialism' in Latin America?
- Murdoch's 21st Century Fox withdraws Time Warner bid
- Hugo Chavez - a '21st-century socialist'
- Sky agrees to £18.5billion takeover by 21st Century Fox
- Opinion: Setting the course for global development in the 21st century
- Sky to go to 21st Century Fox?
- Berlin's 21st-century identity crisis
- ‘About as funny as a colonoscopy’: Twitter outrage as Mrs Brown’s Boys is voted the nation’s favourite sitcom of the 21st century
- Game of Thrones broadcaster shares rocket as 21st Century Fox bids £18.5billion to takeover Sky
- Venezuelans leave 21st-century socialism for US, Spain
Hanoi moving trade and services into 21st century have 320 words, post on ven.vn at October 3, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.