Dermot O’Leary has said that he’s not interested in winning the Best Entertainment Award at the National Television Awards, saying that Ant McPartlin‘s health is much more important. The X Factor host chatted to The Sun about the award, which Ant and Dec have won for the last 17 years, explaining: “I’m in this game because I love my job. But I’d much rather see Ant come back and be healthy than win a National Television Award. I didn’t make the shortlist last year so I’m not banking on it.”
Dermot opened up about the National Television Award
According to friends, Ant has been doing well after going into recovery for a second time after a drink driving arrest. An old pal, publicity agent Simon Hargreaves, posted a photo of himself with Ant back in September, along with the caption: “Long overdue catch up with my buddy of 20+ years for lunch this week. 6 months sober, annoyingly healthy looking, and happier than I’ve seen him in years. Immensely proud of this lad for his strength and determination to face up to his issues and get help.”
The presenter previously confirmed that he wouldn’t be returning to I’m a Celebrity in 2018, and revealed he would be returning to television in 2019. In a statement, he said: “My recovery is going very well and for that to continue having spoken to Dec and ITV, I have made the decision to take the rest of the year off. I’d like to thank both Dec and ITV for their continued support and I look forward to getting back to work in the new year.” Dec added: “Whilst I am obviously sad at the thought of being without my best friend in Australia this year, I am proud of the work Ant has been doing privately and I am fully supportive of his decision. I’m looking forward to us both being reunited on screen in 2019.”
Like this story? Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
- Have Ant and Dec been scrapped from I'm A Celebrity? ITV admits Ant McPartlin WON'T present 2018 series after branding replacement rumours 'utter nonsense'
- What Ant McPartlin and Lisa Armstrong can learn from my high-profile divorces, by Coleen Nolan
- Ant McPartlin 'airbrushes' rehab and divorce from book with no mention of ex-wife Lisa Armstrong
- Phillip Schofield lets slip HUGE Saturday Night Takeaway hint - hours before Ant McPartlin is due in court
- Ant McPartlin QUITS I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Dec refused to host I'm A Celebrity with another man after Ant's drink-drive scandal
- Ant and Dec took time out to get friendship back after rehab and drink-drive scandal
- Ant and Dec quit BGT in editing row before LA showdown with 'desperate' Simon Cowell
- Ant and Dec's most scandalous revelations in new book from drunken brawl to near split
- Declan Donnelly told I’m A Celeb bosses there was ‘no way’ he’d host show with Phillip Schofield after Ant went to rehab
- Boy, 6, who lost legs after vile abuse wins Pride of Britain Award from heroes Ant & Dec
- Lisa Armstrong names new Avon lipsticks after friends who have supported her
Dermot O'Leary wants to see Ant McPartlin healthy again have 583 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at October 4, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.