Phnom Penh (VNA) – The second Cambodia Travel Mart (CTM) opened at Koh Pich Convention and Exhibition Centre in Phnom Penh, on October 11.
Addressing the opening session, Secretary of State at the Cambodian Ministry of Tourism So Mara emphasised that the CTM 2018 is a good chance for participating businesses to meet, share information and increase the volume of tourist arrivals to Cambodia and vice versa.
He expressed his hope that the CTM will be one of major fairs in Asia in the coming time.
At the event, Vietnam Airlines signed a memorandum of understanding on cooperation with the Cambodian Association of Travel Agents (CATA).
Ngo Tri Hung, head of the Vietnam Airlines branch in Cambodia, said the carrier wants to expand market through marketing and cooperation activities with travel agents of Cambodia, and CATA is among its partners. CATA with about 300 member agents is expected a network for Vietnam Airlines to expand market and introduce its four-star quality products to Cambodian consumers, he added.
This year’s tourism fair, to take place until October 13, attracted 500 companies from 80 countries. This is the annual largest international tourism fair held by Cambodia, which aims promote tourism products and services in Cambodia and boost cooperation between local tourism and service companies and international partners
In the first six months of this year, Cambodia welcomed about 3 million foreign visitors, up 13 percent from the same period last year. Of the figure, the number of Vietnamese holiday makers ranked second behind China.
The Cambodian Ministry of Tourism forecast the number of foreign tourists to Cambodia will rise 12 percent to about 6.2 million in 2018.
The country expects to welcome 7 million foreign visitors by 2020 and 15 million by 2030.-VNA
- Cambodia Adventure Travel
- Cambodia at It's Best - The Angkor Wat Temple Complex, Mondulkiri & Ratanakiri
- Sihanoukville - Cambodia's Beach Resort Scene
- Casinos Boost Cambodias Tourism
- Phnom Penh - Cambodia's Capital City
- Tonle Sap - Cambodia's Great Lake
- No Thailand - What Next For Asia Cheap Flights & Travel?
- Free Brochure Travel Guides - Where to Find the Best Free Travel Advice
- Free International Travel Guides - The Best For Where You're Going
- Making Your Travels a Little More Meaningful