“In the last few years around 6,000 Vietnamese women got married to South Koreans every year,” Lee Mi-yon, minister at the embassy, told VnExpress recently. “Since 2015, Vietnamese brides have accounted for the largest number of foreign brides in South Korea.” In general the number of Vietnamese women marrying South Korean men has been increasing by around 20 percent per year, while the number of Chinese brides, who used to make up the biggest number, has been declining. Asked about the protection of Vietnamese brides’ rights and interests, Lee said South Korea has strict laws on marriage brokering and appropriate punishments for violations. These organizations are required to meet certain criteria and provide accurate information to men seeking foreign brides, while Vietnamese women must also provide accurate information about themselves before moving to South Korea. In Vietnam, only organizations under the Women’s Union are allowed to broker marriages, and any Korean entity found doing this in Vietnam would be reported to South Korean authorities and punished. “We are always trying to minimize risks to Vietnamese brides, so it is our responsibility to review and prevent illegal activities from taking place,” Lee said. In Hanoi, to help Vietnamese brides enjoy a… Read full this story
- How is it Like Being a Korea Contract Writer?
- Convicted in a North Korean Jail
- Things to See on Your Holidays in South Korea
- A Guide to Buying Property in South Africa For Extra Income
- Korean Stamp Collecting
- Study Law in Australia
- Living in Korea - A-Z Work Abroad Survival Tips
- Employment Law Advice That Could Help Your Business
- 5 Sporty Ideas For a Luxury Holiday in South Africa
- South Korea Hotels - Unparalleled Comfort in South Korea
Vietnamese brides in South Korea protected by strict laws: South Korean diplomat have 292 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.