It is the first time the country has achieved this honor and the only win for Vietnam despite being nominated in nine categories this year. World Travel Awards (WTA) is an annual award for those in tourism industry, from carriers, travel agencies to hotels, resorts and destinations. It is considered the Oscars of tourism industry by The Wall Street Journal and many other publications. Individual Vietnamese companies however won several awards in smaller categories. Leading travel company Vietravel won “Asia’s Leading Tour Operator 2018” for the sixth time in a row. National carrier Vietnam Airlines won “Asia’s Leading Airline – Premium Economy Class 2018”, while Naman Retreat was named “Asia’s Leading Retreat 2018”. Last year the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism had won the award for “Asia’s Leading Tourist Board”. Founded in 1993, after 25 years, WTA has become a global award with the participation of over 200 countries and garnered over 90 million views on TV this year. Vietnam welcomed 12.9 million international visitors last year, up 29.1 percent year-on-year.
- Kim DiMatteo of DiMatteo Insurance Wins Prestigious Award
- Australian music prize: Sampa the Great becomes first artist to win prestigious award twice
- Move over Einstein, there's a new genius in town! British professor wins prestigious award (and a £23,500 prize!) for his work improving the theory of general relativity
- Local Michigan dairy farm wins prestigious award
- Coronavirus: Odisha regulates visitors at tourist destinations in Golden Triangle
- Deep Kalra on MakeMyTrip’s initiative to protect and preserve tourist destinations, and why it makes business sense
- Cartoon Movie: Breitman, Gobbé-Mévellec, Lumière, Xilam Win Tribute Awards
- ₹1,000 crore sought to make Kanniyakumari an international tourist destination
- GHBA Remodelers Council: Houston remodeler wins national award
- Vietnamese photographers up for prestigious award
Vietnam wins prestigious award as Asia’s leading tourist destination have 295 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at September 17, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.