Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Red Cross Society’s Central Committee has decided to offer urgent support to three flood-hit provinces of Thanh Hoa, Nghe An and Son La with a total funding of 420 million VND (18,000 USD).
Along with sending its working teams to Thanh Hoa to perform support activities, the organisation also directed its chapters in the localities to coordinate with local administrations to help the affected locals.
Initially, central Thanh Hoa province has handed over 30 million VND, over 3,300 packs of instant noodles, over 1,500 water bottles, 200 life vests to the needy in Thach Thanh, Yen Dinh, Vinh Loc, Cam Thuy and Ba Thuoc districts.
Thanh Hoa has been seriously suffered by floods and landslides. Currently, landslides blocking road still make three districts of Quan Hoa, Quan Son and Muong Lat inaccessible.
The disasters killed 9 people in Thanh Hoa. Three locals are still missing.
In Son La province, floods killed one local and injured two others, while affecting 1,521 houses, including 37 completely destroyed.
Nearly 615 hectares of rice and crops have been submerged in floodwater, while 11 schools in Mai Son, Van Ho, Muong La, Quynh Nhai, Song Ma and Sop Cop districts were damaged.
Floods and landslides blocked various roads, causing 153 traffic congestion points. As many as 45 irrigation works were damaged, while the power supply in 25 communes in eight districts was affected.
Meanwhile, as of September 2, 27 houses in Nghe An were destroyed, along with 26 hectares of crop and many irrigation works.-VNA
- DTiNews readers support flood-hit households on Phu Quoc
- Heineken Vietnam sponsors clean water project in Quang Nam Province
- AIHT giving back to the community with Red Cross blood drive
- Nokia 5130 Red - Instinctive Design Provides an Impressive Package From Nokia
- CBN's Operation Blessing Providing Aid in Northern Syria for Refugees Fleeing Turkish Invasion
- Flooding causes four deaths, heavy losses in central region
- As battle lines shift, aid groups in Syria struggle to reach those impacted
- Vietnam Pictorial marks 65th anniversary
- Get Protected Against Increasing Flood Activity
- Be Protected - Obtain an Excess Flood Insurance Quote