Professor-Doctor Furuta Motoo, Chairman of the Japan-Vietnam Friendship Association (JVFA) and Founding Rector of the Vietnam-Japan University, is one such individual. Professor-Doctor Furuta Motoo, Chairman of the Japan-Vietnam Friendship Association and Founding Rector of the Vietnam-Japan University (Photo: Vietnam National University, Hanoi) The JVFA was set up in 1955 with the goal of promoting the friendship between the people of the two countries, he said, adding that with the rapid increase in the number of Vietnamese living in Japan, one of the main activities of the association now is to support the overseas Vietnamese community in Japan. With an expansive network of chapters, the association has organised diverse exchange activities such as Vietnamese language classes, gatherings on the occasion of Vietnamese traditional lunar new year, film screenings, music and cuisine festivals. As Founding Rector of the Vietnam-Japan University, Prof Furuta said the university aims to become a leading research university in Asia. In July 2017, the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organisations (VUFO) established the Vietnam-Japan Cooperation Centre to organise and support joint scientific research and technological transfer programmes between Vietnam and Japan. The centre also works to promote bilateral economic and cultural exchange activities. Director of the Centre Bui Khac… Read full this story
- Cultural exchange event marks Vietnam-Japan relation anniversary
- Vietnam-US relations move from former foes to close partners
- Delhi: 41 people from same building in Kapashera test positive for COVID-19
- 41 people in one building test positive for COVID-19
- Barclays CEO says 'putting 7,000 people in a building may be thing of the past'
- Delhi: 41 people from same building in Kapashera test positive for Covid-19
- Coronavirus update: 41 people from one building in Delhi’s Kapashera test positive for Covid-19
- Capt Tom Moore thanks people for support on his 100th birthday
- Vietnam’s efforts to improve international trade policy
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asian May 1
Vietnam-Japan relations thrive thanks to people-based bridge-building have 318 words, post on en.qdnd.vn at November 6, 2019. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.