The decision was taken due to concerns about the recent discovery of the African Swine Fever (ASF) virus in the two countries’ pigs. The restrictions also apply to live pigs, pig embryos and boar sperm, as well as sheep and goat products. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development today held an online meeting in Hanoi presided by Deputy Prime Minister Trinh Dinh Dung with all cities and provinces to build up a hypothetical situation to prevent the epidemic Before the meeting, Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Ha Cong Tuan had sent two documents to two embassies of the two countries, announcing the halt of meat import due to the African Swine Fever. The halt will start from September 20, 2018 until the two countries declare they are free from the pandemic as per the World Organization for Animal Health However, the Vietnamese watchdog has still allowed batches of pork products from the two countries which left harbor before September 20, 2018. In the talk to Sai Gon Giai Phong newspaper this morning, acting director of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD)’s Animal Husbandry Department Nguyen Xuan Duong said in reality, Vietnam buys little meat and… Read full this story
- Vietnam to import 100,000 tons of pork in Q1
- Vietnam scraps import tariffs on face masks, liquid hand soaps
- EU to sue Poland, Hungary and Czechs for refusing refugee quotas
- Vietnam gives import duty exemption for medical masks and materials
- Vegan Man Sues Burger King over Claims That Impossible Whopper Is Contaminated by Meat Products
- MM Mega Market Vietnam promotes domestic agri-products via Big C Thailand
- Vietnam exempts import tax on five commodity groups to fight coronavirus
- Poland puts Polish coal first; halts imports: minister
- Forget the Cybertruck: This is the most important Tesla product no one is talking about
- Soros Foundation Demands EU Ramp Up Pressure on Poland 'or EU Won't Survive'
Vietnam halts import of meat products from Poland, Hungary have 325 words, post on sggpnews.org.vn at September 14, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.