Hanoi (VNA) – US President Donald Trump and Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi have offered condolences to the family of Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang and the Vietnamese people over the passing of the Vietnamese State leader.
The statement from the President released by the Office of the Press Secretary of the US White House on September 21 read, “It was with sadness that I learned of the passing of President Tran Dai Quang”.
“President Quang was a great friend of the US. He graciously hosted me during my historic state visit to Hanoi in November 2017, and I am grateful for his personal commitment to deepening the US-Vietnam Comprehensive Partnership,” the statement said.
“We will not soon forget his contributions to peace, security, and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific region or his voice for Vietnam as a proud and independent nation on the world stage,” he added.
Spokesperson of the US Department of State Heather Nauert also made a statement on the passing of Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang.
The statement said, “President Quang was a strong supporter of the US-Vietnam relationship, helping advance our bilateral partnership to new heights on the basis of mutual respect, shared interests, and a common desire to promote peace, cooperation, prosperity, and security in the Indo-Pacific region.”
“We honor his legacy and mourn his loss alongside his family and our friends, the people of Vietnam,” it added.
On the same day, Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi sent his heartfelt condolences to the Vietnamese people and the leaders of the Vietnamese Party and State over the death of President Tran Dai Quang.
In an official statement released on September 21, the Egyptian President’s spokesperson said President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi affirmed that President Quang has made important contributions to developing and promoting the relations between Egypt and Vietnam.
Egypt’s State media has simultaneously reported on the death of the Vietnamese President and highlighted his visit to Egypt last August, which was the first official visit of the head of State of Vietnam to Egypt since the two countries established diplomatic relations in 1963. Previously, President Sisi visited Vietnam in September 2017.-VNA
- Former Egyptian president Mursi buried in Cairo, son says
- Ousted Egyptian President Morsi Dies in Court, State TV Says
- Report: Ousted Egyptian president Morsi dies in court
- Ousted Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Ousted Egyptian president Morsi dies in court: reports
- Expats vote on giving Egypt president 8 more years in power
- Egyptians vote on referendum extending el-Sissi's rule
- Egyptian lawmakers introduce LGBT criminalization bill
- Egypt's deposed president Mohamed Morsi dies
- Egyptian voters urged to allow el-Sissi rule until 2030