Maxim Choupo-Moting has joined French champions Paris St Germain on a free transfer after having his Stoke contract cancelled, the Potters have announced.
The 29-year-old Cameroon international was part of the City side which was relegated from the Premier League at the end of last season, but will now have the opportunity to play Champions League football during the new campaign.
A statement on Stoke’s official website said: “Maxim Choupo-Moting has joined Paris St Germain on a free transfer after his Stoke City contract was cancelled by mutual consent.
“The Cameroon international made 32 league and cup appearances for the Potters after joining the club in the summer of 2017.
“The club would like to take this opportunity to thank Maxim for his efforts and wish him well in the future.”
Hamburg-born Choupo-Moting arrived at the bet365 stadium from Schalke in August last year and scored both goals in a 2-2 home draw with Manchester United the following month.
He scored three more times, with his last coming in his final Stoke appearance in March, when City lost 2-1 to Everton.
Choupo-Moting told his new club’s website: “I am extremely honoured to be signing for this big European club.
“I will be playing with some extraordinary team-mates and I can’t wait to experience the atmosphere at the Parc des Princes.”
- The European teams set to benefit from new Champions League rule
- West Ham vs Stoke, Premier League: What time does it start, where can I watch it and what are the odds?
- The Premier League season in pictures
- Transfer rumours: PSG, Middlesbrough and Swansea all feature
- True grit: How Marseille turned their luck around to reach the Europa League final
- Super League news: Fundraiser for Salford to sign players
- Qatar World Cup: What will winter tournament mean for the Premier League?
- Scottish Gossip: Rangers, Celtic, PSG, Chelsea, Hibs, Brighton, Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich, Blackburn
- Laois will have to be themselves to trade places
- Danish ace Palm Toft can get to the top of his trade
- Stoke City v Crystal Palace
- Stoke vs Tottenham live score and goal updates
Maxim Choupo-Moting trades Championship for Champions League with PSG move have 404 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at September 1, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.