- President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter and former chief strategist Steve Bannon clashed over her authority in the White House, according to a new book.
- The Washington Post reported journalist Bob Woodward’s book contains an account of an “expletive-laden altercation” that was part of the Trump White House’s stormy atmosphere.
- Ivanka Trump reportedly objected to Bannon’s insistence she follow the aides’ chain of command, saying, “I’ll never be a staffer. I’m the first daughter.”
Ivanka Trump and former chief strategist Steve Bannon clashed over President Donald Trump’s eldest daughter’s authority in the White House, according to a new book that describes the “Crazytown” of Trump’s White House.
The Washington Post reported journalist Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, “Fear: Trump in the White House,” contains an account of an “expletive-laden altercation” that was part of the Trump White House’s overall stormy atmosphere.
“You’re a goddamn staffer!” Bannon reportedly screamed at Ivanka. “You walk around this place and act like you’re in charge, and you’re not. You’re on staff!”
Trump reportedly called Attorney General Jeff Sessions a ‘dumb Southerner,’ a ‘traitor’ and ‘mentally retarded,’ according to famed Washington Post journalist Bob Woodward’s book, ’Fear: Trump in the White House.’
According to the book, White House Chief of Staff John Kelly has called President Trump an ‘idiot’ and ‘unhinged’. He also reportedly said ‘this is the worst job I’ve ever had’ and that ‘we’re in Crazytown’.
(OLIVIER DOULIERY/AFP/Getty Images)
Trump wanted Syrian President Bashar al-Assad killed after the April 2017 chemical war attack on civilians. According to Woodward he said, ‘let’s f—ing kill him! Let’s go in. Let’s kill the f—ing lot of them.’
(SANA/Handout via REUTERS)
Defense Secretary Jim Mattis reportedly told Trump they’d follow through on the plan against Assad and then told an aide, ‘we’re not going to do any of that’.
(Chris Kleponis/Pool via Bloomberg)
According to the book, Trump falsely claimed that the late Sen. John McCain used his father’s military rank to get early release from a prisoner-of-war camp in Vietnam.
(Photo by Stephane Cardinale – Corbis/Corbis via Getty Images)
According to the book, Trump told aides that condemning white supremacists and neo-Nazis was the ‘biggest f—-ing mistake’ he’s made following the Charlottesville rally.
(Photo by Chris Kleponis-Pool/Getty Images)
Bannon’s frustration reportedly stemmed from Ivanka’s tendency to bypass former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus, who other aides had to go through, and exercise her special access to her father.
Ivanka apparently replied: “I’m not a staffer! I’ll never be a staffer. I’m the first daughter.”
Ivanka and her husband, senior adviser Jared Kushner, have been controversial members of the administration, reportedly contributing to tensions with other administration members who see their senior positions and unfettered access to the president as solely due to nepotism.
The unsettled chain of command, in addition to the special counsel’s scrutiny of Trump’s close associates and 2016 campaign, reportedly added to the negative atmosphere. The Post reports Priebus is quoted in Woodward’s book describing White House staffers as “natural predators.”
“When you put a snake and a rat and a falcon and a rabbit and a shark and a seal in a zoo without walls, things start getting nasty and bloody,” Priebus reportedly said.
In a statement on Woodward’s book, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said: “This book is nothing more than fabricated stories, many by former disgruntled employees, told to make the President look bad.”
Woodward’s book, set to be released next Tuesday, comes from hundreds of interviews with participants and witnesses, along with meeting notes, personal diaries, and government documents.
It also comes on the heels of a bombshell, though widely refuted, book by former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault Newman that prompted sharp rebuttals from the administration.
- ‘It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit’: Explosive Bob Woodward book reportedly recounts Trump’s lawyer’s effort to keep him from interviewing with Mueller
- Gary Cohn reportedly snatched documents off Trump’s desk to prevent him from wrecking 2 massive trade deals
- Trump reportedly told Mattis that he wanted to assassinate Bashar al-Assad after his chemical weapons attack on Syrians last year
- Ivanka Trump's Possible Presidential Ambitions Spark Flame War on Twitter
- Steve Bannon says the Pope is 'dead wrong' about the danger of nationalist movements
- Amid diplomatic crises, Democrats ask White House for better nominees
- Ivanka Trump Roasted For ‘Privilege’ Remark After Visiting Cocoa Farm in Africa
- The White House’s Mueller reaction plan has a wild card: Trump
- How Steve Bannon tried – and failed – to crack Europe
- Steve Bannon: Theresa May is ‘not terribly sophisticated’
- White House Press Sec Slams Democrats’ Probe as ‘Disgraceful and Abusive’
- Fewer press briefings equals a dumber White House
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Barclays Bank: Protest targets Heathrow — White House in chaos — Ukraine’s election
- White House security clearances probed
- Subpoenas threatened in White House security clearances probe
Ivanka Trump and Steve Bannon reportedly clashed over proper White House protocol have 3122 words, post on www.aol.com at September 5, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.