City authorities want local firms in global supply chains. (Photo: sggp.vn) HCM City (VNS/VNA) – Only 15 percent of around 8,000 manufacturing companies in HCM City are capable of joining global supply chains but authorities are trying to increase the number. “The status of HCM City manufacturing enterprises in global supply chains is also low, mostly third or fourth level providers,” Nguyen Phuong Dong, director of the city’s Industry and Trade Department said. However, some of them are good enough to supply companies like Samsung, Sanyo, Toyota, Honda, and Intel. For instance, Minh Nguyen Ltd Company and Lap Phuc Ltd Company supply many items to Colgate and Thuan Viet Ltd company manufactures parts for Japanese motorcycle producers. “Diversifying supply sources will help companies reduce risks related to production,” Hoang Tho Vuong, director of the HCM City Support Industry Development Centre, was quoted as saying by Sai Gon Gia Phong (Liberated Saigon) newspaper. In December the centre, in cooperation with the Korean Association of Machinery Industry and HCM City Association of Mechanical – Electrical Enterprises (HAMEE), will organise the International Exhibition on Industrial Machinery and Equipment in Vietnam with 350 companies from the Republic of Korea, Japan, Taiwan (China), and Europe… Read full this story
- Cyberattack highlights vulnerability of global supply chains
- £16m fund to help supply chains hit by car factory closures
- Freshly Chopped creates 'Brexit proofed' supply chain as it opens first UK outlet in Manchester
- From farm to fork...This blockchain startup uses sensors to better track food supply chain
- Who do Hull City fans want to win promotion?
- We should 'leave the light on' for UK in case they want to re-join the EU
- Local politics vs global firms
- Brest Oblast cities, districts join Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
- Spain joins global race to adopt proton therapy against cancer
- Local firms could finish school build work
HCM City authorities want local firms to join global supply chains have 323 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at September 23, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.