Juan David Ortiz, 35, had driven his pickup truck to a gas station and was using the restroom when Texas troopers closed in on him, Webb County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Federico Garza said in a Monday afternoon statement.He escaped, loaded his truck with guns at home, and drove to a motel parking garage where officers confronted him, Garza said.”He was trying to commit suicide by cop,” Garza said. “He was going to try to use his phone to make it look like it was a weapon.”Ortiz is on suicide watch as a precaution, the Laredo Morning Times reported.Officials went after Ortiz after a fifth woman escaped him and went to police. He had picked up the other four and shot them in the head, leaving them in the area of Interstate 35 he once patrolled, police said.He gave a voluntary confession after his arrest, according to an affidavit.
- Sri Lanka Easter attack leader died in hotel bombing, officials say
- Man killed as hijacking of Dubai-bound plane foiled, Bangladesh officials say
- No-deal Brexit 'increasingly likely', EU officials say
- Scarface fan Mane Driza murdered Wembley flatmate over wedding ring after hiding out in UK following murder spree
- ‘DADDY STABBED MUMMY THEN STABBED HIMSELF’: Gibraltar man accused of murdering ‘beautiful’ wife also stabbed himself, daughter says
- Canadian border agents discover dead body in back of car
- US Acting Homeland Security Secretary Joins Border Agents for Midnight Shift
- Murder police probing hospital deaths found text saying 'another gone tonight'
- ‘After Templeton Woods murder, girls stopped walking the streets alone’ says Dundee woman
- Indonesia election: 270 election staff die as overwork takes toll, officials say
Border agent accused of murder spree is on suicide watch after prepping for shootout, officials say have 287 words, post on www.dallasnews.com at September 18, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.