If you happen to be in the New York neighborhood of SoHo today, on Spring Street between Crosby and Lafayette Streets, you’ll be able to visit the latest Amazon brick-and-mortar store concept. It’s called Amazon 4-Star.
The idea of 4-Star is simple: create a physical store where customers will be offered a range of products which all have a four star or higher rating on Amazon.com, class as top-sellers, and are new/latest models. The products available come from Amazon’s most popular shopping categories including Amazon’s own devices, consumer electronics, kitchen, home, toys, books, and games.
We’re used to seeing other products recommended on Amazon.com under the headings of “Most Wished For” and “Frequently Bought Together,” and Amazon is extending this idea in-store so you’ll see products stacked next to each other on the shelves if they are bought together regularly. As it’s a New York store, there’s also a product area for “Top-Selling Around NYC” suggesting that if 4-Star is popular, each store will cater somewhat to its location with product availability.
Such is the wealth of data Amazon has access to, it can even state what the average review rating of all products in the 4-Star store is. On opening day, it’s 4.4 stars apparently. There’s also little cards next to products with reviews taken from Amazon.com listings.
If you’d like to visit Amazon 4-Star, the store is open 10am to 9pm Monday-Saturday and then 11am to 8pm on Sundays. Be aware, though, that every product in the store has two prices. If you’re a Prime member you’ll pay the Amazon.com price, but non-Prime members will pay list price. Of course, I’m sure there will be a lot of encouragement to sign up for Prime while you’re there.
- Amazon Launches a New 4-Star Retail Store
- Amazon Mails Out Printed Holiday Catalogs
- Amazon Isn't Whole Foods' Enemy, It Might Be The Company's Savior
- Forget facial recognition! Amazon is awarded a new patent for technology that uses HAND recognition to track shoppers in its cashierless grocery stores
- Prime power: How Amazon squeezes the businesses behind its store
- Amazon launches cashier-free convenience store: walk in, grab what you want and go
- The First Amazon Go Store Opens for Business
- Amazon's cashier-free grocery store finally opens to the public
- Amazon is opening its first physical bookstore today
- Amazon Go Is a Grocery Store With No Checkouts
- The Best Credit Cards to Use for Shopping on Amazon
- Amazon forced to delay public launch of cashier-less grocery store
Amazon Opens 4-Star Store in NYC have 472 words, post on www.pcmag.com at September 27, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.